Open Government License 2.0 (Town of Grimsby)
Town of Grimsby - Open Government License
This Open Government Licence is based on version 2.0 of the Open Government Licence - Canada, and has been adapted for the Town of Grimsby. You are encouraged to use the Information that is available under this Licence with only a few conditions, which are as follows:
Open Government Licence - Town of Grimsby
- Use of any Information indicates your acceptance of the terms below.
- The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, nonexclusive Licence to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
You are free to:
3. Copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose. You must, where you do any of the above:
4. Acknowledge the source of the Information by including any attribution statement specified by the Information Provider(s) and, where possible, provide a copy of this Licence. If the Information Provider does not provide a specific attribution statement, or if you are using Information from several Information Providers and multiple attributions are not practical for your product or application, you must use the following attribution statement:
Contains information licensed under the Open Government Licence - Town of Grimsby 5. The terms of this licence are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this Licence, or any similar Licence granted by the Information Provider will end automatically.
6. This licence does not grant you any right to use: a) Personal Information; b) Information or Records not accessible under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario); c) Third party rights the Information Provider is not authorized to licence; d) The names, crests, logos, or other official symbols of the Information Provider; and, e) Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks and official marks.
Future changes to Datasets/Data Licence
7. The Information Provider may at any time add, delete or change the datasets or this licence. The Information Provider has no obligation whatsoever to provide services and/or updates to you.
8. You may not publicly represent or imply that the Town of Grimsby is participating in or has sponsored, approved or endorsed the manner or purpose of, Your Use or reproduction of these datasets.
9. The Information is licensed "as is" and the Information Provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law. 10. The Information Provider is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this Licence or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
Compliance with Law - Your Responsibility
11. You assume sole responsibility for your use and reproduction of the datasets complying with all applicable laws and industry standards. 12. This licence is governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada. 13. Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of Ontario or the Federal Court of Canada.
Exclusion of Liability
14. You agree that you waive any action, cause of action, demand, liability, expense or otherwise against the Town for anything, which the Town does or does not do (even if intentional or negligent) in connection with the datasets and your use or inability to use them. Without limiting the general scope of the preceding sentence, this means that the Town and its agents are not liable on any legal theory or basis for any direct, incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages or losses, including without limitation, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction or any other damages or losses.
Liability for Non-Compliance with Licence
15. If, as a result of your breach of the licence, the Town gets sued or is required to pay someone money, you agree to protect the Town and reimburse the Town for everything which you cause the Town to suffer. This means that you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Town and all of its agents from any and all liabilities incurred in connection with any claim arising from any breach by you of this Licence, including reasonable legal fees and costs. You agree to cooperate fully in the defense of any such claim. The Town reserves the right to assume, at its own expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You agree not to settle any matter without the written consent of the Town.
16. In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
"Information" means information resources or Records protected by copyright or other information or Records that are offered for use under the terms of this Licence.
"Information Provider" means Town of Grimsby.
"Personal Information" has the meaning set out in section 2(1) of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario).
"Records" has the meaning of "record" as set out in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario). "You" means the natural or legal person or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this Licence.
17. This is version 2.0 of the Open Government Licence - Town of Grimsby. The Information Provider may make changes to the terms of this Licence from time to time and issue a new version of the Licence. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the Licence in force as of the date you accessed the information.
Updated: February 18, 2016